2.12.2015

Personal Art: Sam Shakusky & Suzy Bishop

I recently finished a portraits of Sam Shakusky and Suzy Bishop from Moonrise Kingdom. These are the first portraits I have done with plans to make prints and open an Etsy shop. I really love how they both turned out, however I received a more positive response over the Sam Shakusky portrait. I assume it is because of the amount of detail in his outfit. I struggled a bit with not receiving as much positive feed back, or feedback at all, over the Suzy Bishop portrait. I understand that she is not as detailed because her outfit is less interesting but I'm not sure what else it is. She is one interesting looking girl. Maybe it is her nose, that was pretty tricky to get. Maybe I didn't get it at all.

Do you ever struggle with putting your work out there? It is so intimidating.


No comments:

Post a Comment