2.12.2015

On Turning 26










A few days ago I turned 26 years old. I am officially in the latter half of my twenties! Some people dread getting older, I on the other hand can't wait to be thirty. I imagine it to be just like the movie 13 Going on 30 with Jennifer Garner. I'm kidding, but seriously until I turn thirty I don't think I'll feel like a real adult.

In my twenty fifth year a lot happened. I got married in May to my best friend, I went on my first grown up vacation to Kansas City for our Honeymoon (meaning we had a hotel room and we weren't with our families),  I got pregnant in August, I lost that first pregnancy in October, I was asked to resign from my teaching position in November, I started a job as a trophy and plaque engraver that month too, and I bought our rental house in January.

As a 26 year old I…
  • hope to go on another grown up vacation. This time to New Orleans for our one year  anniversary.
  • hope to have a baby.
  • have decided not to go back to teaching, which is a huge decision, but instead to really pursue my art making. My goal when I lost my teaching position was to open an Etsy shop by my 26th birthday. While that did not happen it will happen in my 26th year.
I am really looking forward to this year in my life and can't wait to share it with you here on the blog.



The photos above are from my birthday on Sunday, February 8th. I slept in really late and had a tasty cup of joe at home with the husband.

1. Matt then took me to the Aviary Cafe and Creperie in Farmers Park where I had the eggs benedict crepe. We went thrifting at Urban Market after that and went home empty handed.

2. That afternoon we went to Wickman's Nursery to look at trees for the front yard, we are thinking of a pink flowering Dogwood… Then we went back to Farmers Park to taste their Misaguru Latte from Caffe Bene... I did not like it one bit!

3. We went to my in-laws for a birthday dinner of fried chicken and chocolate cake. We played with their new kitten, Bo. There, I was also able to watch my favorite show, The Walking Dead. What a let down that episode was! Why would you kill off Tyreese?!?

It was a delightful day to turn 26!

No comments:

Post a Comment