11.14.2012

The Little Things

Source: Seashore Tides






































Lately it has been pretty difficult to enjoy the little things in life. I torture myself with all these other blogs and images over the internet. Striving to look a certain way and create a lovely living environment, it is completely impractical for my current situation. Matt has to constantly remind me to enjoy those little things in life like perfect homemade tacos, a clean house, bird watching, and quality time with each other, friends, and family.

While I am so appreciative of the little things, I see several individuals around me that have so much more. I wonder how they are able to live the way that they do. Then I remind myself that I am only twenty-three and I received my undergrad just under a year ago, I am just starting out. And really, I have done a lot. I moved away after high school and managed to complete a five year program in four and a half years. And over the last five years I took my first plane ride to the East Coast, met my future husband, rented a beautiful house and lived in it for the past two years, and found my first teaching job. (Not on the East Coast, mind you.) After all that I want to do so much more and I just can't seem to right now. Those individuals may just have bucket of luck or they are digging themselves a hole with credit card debt, one of the two (or not.) And in most cases it is probably the latter, and that is something I am grateful I do not have to deal with.

I am taking steps so that I can do what I want. Taking commissions for artwork and saving my pennies here and there, basically trying to make more income so that eventually I will be making enough to put way and save for a home. When I stress over ideas like this, it relieves me to find that there really aren't any good houses for sale right now anyway, so it must not be the right time!

No comments:

Post a Comment