11.17.2012

Datin' and Paintin'

Since Matt took some vacation for his trip we were able to go on a date, something we haven't done in a really long time! The last movie we went to see was Moonrise Kingdom, a Wes Anderson film.

We decided to go to Zio's for a beer and italian. Delicious, but ridiculously expensive, reminding me as to why we are not able to go on dates very often. Then we went to see Cloud Atlas, based on a novel by David Mitchell. We didn't know much about it at all, but my oh my it was amazing. Matt even enjoyed it! It was very confusing and hard to follow but such a beautiful idea and tale. I'm interested in reading the book. Until I'm able to tell you what I think of the book, here is the trailer:


This morning I worked on Theo and Tom a little bit, using the methods I have been instructing my students to use in class, turning the image on the side and upside down in order to draw not what you think you see or what you think it should look like but the individual shapes that make up the overall subject. I had to adjust some shapes when I turned the painting sideways and realized some of Theo's features were completely off. The painting is coming along slowly but surely. Here are some more progress pictures:






1 comment: